summer morning in 1852, Fred Graue entered his mill and turned
the wheel that opened the sluice gates outside. Water from
Salt Creek rushed into the millrace and the wooden waterwheel
began to turn for the first time. It would turn the machinery
that would grind grain for the next seventy years.
building and grounds are owned and maintained by the Forest Preserve District
of DuPage County.
The museum is operated by the DuPage Graue Mill Corporation, a not-for-profit group.
|Copyright 2006 Graue Mill
All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions.
Site designed by Blaze Consulting.